Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Holiday Hoe Down, end of week 1

WOWSA! Ok, so after shrinkvivor was over on ShrinkingJeans.net I slacked off, got lazy and gained a few of the pounds back.. bad me, I know. Well this week brought on a whole new change! I went to the gym like I was supposed to, I ate better (still not great), and I added more exercise in throughout my day and I lost 4 lbs this week! I was thrilled to see that scale reward me for all my hard work.. and seeing that number gives me satisfaction and more incentive to keep going. I love being challenged to make each new week better than the last.

This week has been full of long days so far. On Monday night I had to drive an hour to go watch my 7th grader play basketball for 2 hours and then drive another hour back home.. in the horrible wind! I hate driving in wind most of all, add in dark and rain (Which there was plenty of) and you have the trifecta of evil. My hands were cramped from grabbing the wheel so tight the whole way home, and I felt like I was going to puke most of the way from nerves. I come home to an unusually unsympathetic husband in a pissy mood (because I didn't get his text in time the night before) to top it all of. BLAH. Tuesday morning was my 5th graders field trip to the Challenger Learning Center, oh how I love that place. I got to get my space geek on! Of course a 45 minute bus ride there was oh so entertaining! After dealing with 37 10-11yr olds, we stopped at Burger King for lunch (Oh YAY.. NOT) and I ended up with an ice coffee that was neither large enough nor did it contain nearly enough vodka! Thats my downfall, my comfort 'food'. Ice coffee. I prefer it from Dunkin Donuts, but since we don't have one closer than 45 mins away, McDonald's comes in close second. I refuse to give this up for ANY diet. There are just those certain things that we need to make us feel alright, and while It may not be the best thing I can have, it surely cannot be the worst! Then I got teased by being able to come home for 40 minutes until it was back out to drop the boy off at basketball and take the girl to dance, and finally getting back home at 7:30, and wanting to go to bed at 7:35. At least today I get to do something for me, I have a nail appointment this afternoon! YAY! Even though I will have the 5yr old in tow, it will be nice to get pampered for a little while.

On the downside to all of this losing weight stuff, I need a belt. Maybe I should tell my husband to buy me one for my birthday.. after all, its cheaper than a whole new wardrobe... for now lol

No comments:

Post a Comment